Salt Lake City is a wonderful area to visit and explore. It offers many interesting sites and experiences. And one thing you are sure not to miss is Salt Lake skiing. There are many wonderful ski areas within a short distance of the city. Let’s discuss some of these areas and what they offer.
Salt Lake City’s Wasatch Mountains contain 7 world class ski resorts. They are all within a 30 to 45 minute drive from the city. These resorts contain what is regarded to be the greatest snow on earth due to their abundance and powdery consistency. It’s like skiing on a cloud!
These resorts are blessed with gorgeous sunny days and a variety of terrains suitable for skiers of all ages and abilities. The resorts are as follows:
1. Deer Valley: This has been rated as one of the top North America ski resorts by the readers of SKI magazines for four years straight. It also ranks very high in terms of dining, guest service, and mountain grooming. It has been said that Deer Valley is much more than a winter resort. It’s an experience.
Deer Valley was opened in 1981 and has been committed to making the overall experience for its guests to be unique and one to remember for years to come.
2. The Canyons: This resort is Utah’s largest single ski and snowboard resort. It covers 4,000 acres, 182 trails, 19 lifts, as well as a 1.1 mile long terrain park with six natural half pipes. There is so much skiing and snowboarding terrain available that you’re sure to never get bored there.
Take your time and experience the tremendous offerings of the Canyons. It will be an experience not to be missed.
3. Park City resort is one of the most popular and well known resorts close to Salt Lake City. It has consistently been ranked among some of the best ski areas in the world. It was also home to the 2002 Olympics and is headquarters for the US Ski and Snowboard Association.
Park City has it all. You can find all kinds of skiing and snowboard terrain all over the mountain. And when the night falls, check out all kinds of fun activities including dining, dancing and more.
Don’t forget that there is also a great deal to do outdoors in Park City. When the weather warms up, check out mountain biking and hiking.
4. Alta Ski Resort: Known as the granddaddy of soft fluffy and DEEP powder, Alta is the place to go. For the folks who have never skied in deep powder, you’ll be in for a very unique experience. The skiing at Alta is superb and you can count on deep fluffy powder for a wonderful experience. And don’t forget that Alta also offers terrific accommodations and lots more to see and do.
5. Snowbird Ski Resort: Another very well known and popular ski resort has to be Snowbird. Take the huge gondola up the mountain and then ski down for miles. It’s an experience not to be missed.
Brighton and Solitude Mountain resort round off these offerings of truly unique and wonderful ski resorts close by Salt Lake City. So if you want to enjoy some of the best skiing in America, you’ll find it close to Salt Lake City.